Tuesday, April 14, 2009

for realz this time.


Currently Listening to: You can sleep while I drive


Today I spent half the day at the paper (the two papers I work for kinda are combined in one building now, but not really. weird) and the other half at the station.
For real this time, I honestly, sincerely think I'm done with tv after this gig. I just can't do it any more.
I love love love tv news. I really understand the reasons behind the editorial decisions, the programming choices and all that kind of stuff.
I just can't take anymore of the people.
The tv people I work with are great. They're really good at what they do. They're the "what are those random people doing?" people. They're so damn curious. They are fearless. They walk up to people they don't know, ask random scary people questions and harass public officials until they give in.
I am none of those things.
I set up interviews days in advance, need my tape recorder, suck at taking notes, hate talking on the phone... I'm too shy and too quiet for this.
If I could just skip up to management I would. If I could work the morning shift, I would. I can't deal with being dayside or nightside.

So.

I have no clue what I want to do with my life anymore. I could work mornings. I love working mornings. No people to deal with, not too many crazies calling the newsroom. I can do the crazy shifts... but I would have even less of a life.

****

This is still the best thing I've read since last summer.

No comments: