Saturday, August 30, 2008

edelweiss


I stared at this painting for a long time at the Gallery of Art today. The impressionists and the post-impressionists are the only art that can move me. Monet and Van Gogh are the ones that make my heart soar. The dusty colors, the mess of the strokes - form something beautiful. One day, I'm going to have a print of this over my fireplace.
I love how you can't see if that's a person in the foreground. You don't know what they are going there... but they are there nonetheless.
*********
I love "The Sound of Music." I always turn to it. Besides Chris Plummer being GORGEOUS, I appreciate a good musical now and then.


Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

No comments: